Express Alterations : Travel Tips
We have taken a few minutes to gather a few of our favorite travel tips. Many good ideas for packing that will keep you in tip top style even on the road.
- Store your miscellaneous stuff and electronics in an old Dopp Kit for compact organization.
- Save space and keep them perfect by storing tie’s inside a set of shoes.
- Sweaters should be folded and stored the width of the suitcase. This avoids bunching and wrinkles.
- Place your lightest pair of shoes in the bag and wear your heaviest. Save your back from lifting the heavy bag.
- A proper Dopp Kit is compact and shallow and full of travel sized items of your usual bathroom supplies.
- Roll your small items like underwear and T-shirts. Use them to take up empty space in your bag.
- Turning your suit jacket inside out (except the selves) will keep it from wrinkling. Now fold it vertically then once again horizontal so it is quartered. This is for suit case packing.
- Wrapping a suit in an old dry cleaning bag will allow you to have it at the bottom of the suit case. The wrapping helps protect from creasing.
- When packing a garment bag, Hang a shirt and tie on one hanger. Then Hang a suit on another and drape it over the shirt. Now wrap both in garment bag to prevent wrinkling.
- Shoes, Socks and Belts go in the bottom of the garment bag.
- Keep a toothbrush and other overnight essentials in your carry-on bag. Incase of any layovers or emergencies.
- To pack pants fold at the crease and drape lengthwise in your suitcase.
- Bring a collapsible tote for laundry or items you may buy on your trip.